Greenslip Insurance Cover in New South Wales
CTP Greenslip Insurance
Greenslip insurance will cover you for any personal injury when you or the person driving your vehicle is the driver at fault in the event of an accident, and in certain circumstances regardless of who is at fault.
To explain briefly here, your greenslip insurance covers:
- Passengers seated in the vehicle being driven by you
- Other road users, such as other drivers on road and their passengers, pedestrians, cyclists, motorcyclists and pillion passengers
- Injuries as a result of the use of a trailer being towed behind a registered vehicle
Greenslip Insurance does not cover the following:
- Damages to property or damages to other vehicles
Note: If you wish to cover damage to property and vehicles, choosing a comprehensive car insurance is the solution for this problem.
There have been improvements made to the greenslip scheme since October 2006 that provides even greater protection and benefits in certain circumstances regardless of who was at fault. These improvements include:
- A special children’s benefit that means all children injured in car accidents in NSW receive the necessary treatment, rehabilitation and care to assist in their recovery, regardless of who was at fault
- Introduction of the Lifetime Care and Support scheme that provides medical care, treatment, rehabilitation, attendant care and support to anyone catastrophically injured (such as severe spinal cord and/or a traumatic brain injury) in a motor vehicle accident for the rest of their life
- Coverage for people injured in motor accidents where no one is considered to have been at fault including accidents caused by a driver suffering a sudden illness, such as a heart attack or stroke or accidents caused by an unexplained mechanical or vehicle failure.