How do I purchase a green slip?
- If you want a greenslip quote for your vehicle, input your vehicle’s registration details into the greenslips quote calculator.
- Our selected greenslip quote will be given to you instantly and will also be sent to you in an email.
- If you are happy with the greenslip quote, you may simply click the Buy Now button.
- You will then be asked to enter a few more details including payment details. Payments can be made using any VISA, Master Card or Diners debit or credit card.
- Following the processing of your greenslip, an email notification with an attached greenslip will be sent to you.
How can I pay for my greenslip?
- Payment for your greenslip can be made online through our website using a debit or credit card. Visa, Mastercard, and Diners cards are acceptable.
- We do not accept payments using PayPal, BPAY, or Australia Post.
How do I get the tax invoice of the greenslip for tax purposes?
- If you are a business owner and have paid for your greenslip, the greenslip received by email will serve as your Tax Invoice.
- Should you require a copy, please contact us.
How long does it take for the greenslip to be processed?
- After the receipt of your payment, your greenslip should become activated with the RTA in 15 minutes.
- In the event that the RTA does not have your greenslip activated, please give us a call on 1300 659 608.
Why is my vehicle not eligible for online registration?
- Your vehicle may not be eligible for online registration:
- If your vehicle has not been registered for more than 90 days. In this case you will have to re-register your vehicle. New registrations have to be done in person at an RMS office.
- If you have a brand new vehicle.
- If you have a Primary Producer’s vehicle. You may have to take a copy of the Primary Producers certificate to the RTA for registration renewal.
- There may be other reasons as to why your vehicle is not eligible for online registration. Please call the RTA on 132213 for any registration enquiries.
- In all the above cases, you will have to visit the RTA in person with a hard copy of the greenslip for registration.
Why choose a Value Greenslips CTP greenslip insurance?
- There are many reasons to choose Value Greenslips:
- We have the ability to offer competitive quotes and binding capability online – no double keying
- We offer you our excellent customer service
- Greenslips are processed immediately allowing for quick registration
- We have easy payment options, no paper work involved and the greenslip is electronically sent to the RTA*
- We have a user-friendly website, so it is very easy to get a quote, complete the quote and make the payment.
- *applies to CTPs for renewals only.
How do I know which Insurance company my greenslip policy is with?
- You will be advised of the insurer at the time of quotation. Value Greenslips ensures it provides its customers with an enjoyable purchase experience and this includes offering a great price for most vehicles and their drivers in New South Wales.
- Currently Value Greenslips sells CTP Greenslips on behalf of QBE Insurance as it currently offers excellent rates for drivers with a great driving record.
Can I get a greenslip for a brand new vehicle?
- Yes, we offer greenslip insurance for new vehicles which have not been registered before. Give us a call on 1300 659 608 and we will gladly help you out.
Can I purchase a six month greenslip?
- Yes you can purchase a greenslip for six months, except in the following circumstances:
- If your vehicle is not registered for more than 21 days post registration due date
- If you have a new vehicle
- If your vehicle is being transferred from another state
- Other circumstances where the RMS has advised you that you need longer or shorter term of insurance
I have already paid for the greenslip but it has not been processed or activated with the RTA.
- There are a few reasons why a greenslip could not get processed. These include:
- If the information provided to us regarding the zero demerits status on the driver’s licence does not match with the information with the RTA
- If a six months greenslip has already been purchased for a vehicle on which registration is overdue for more than 21 days
- If a six month greenslip has already been purchased for a vehicle that is new, or has been bought from someone else or has not been last registered in NSW
- If any other vehicle or personal details have been provided incorrectly
- In all the above mentioned cases, a member of the Value Greenslips team will contact you to resolve the issue.
What do I do if my VIN number is not 17 digits long?
- If your VIN number is not 17 digits long, all you need to do is enter your VIN number and then complete the 17 digits with asterisks (*).
My heavy vehicle has been brown slipped, can I purchase a six month greenslip?
- Yes, any heavy vehicle over 4.5 tonnes which is three months or more out of registration may purchase a six month greenslip.
If my registration is cancelled do i get a greenslip refund?
- Normally when a registration is cancelled with the RTA, greenslips are refunded on a pro rata basis, less a small administration fee.
- We can organise a refund once you have faxed us 02 9008 1106 or emailed us by clicking here and sending a copy of the ‘Confirmation of Cancelled Registration’ letter from the RMS.