Greenslips and Vehicle Registration

It is compulsory to have greenslip insurance for your motor vehicle registration.

A confirmation of your greenslip purchase must be received by the Roads and Maritime Services (RMS), previously known as the Roads and Traffic Authority (RTA) before you can renew your registration in NSW.

Most light and heavy vehicles can be registered / renewed online through the RMS / RTA website 24 hours a day but only after you have purchased your greenslip and if applicable after you have secured a pink slip for your vehicle. To renew your registration online you will need:

- Your Certificate of Registration renewal notice

- A passed e-Safety Check, from an e-Safety Station, if INSPECTION REQUIRED is printed on your renewal notice – this is automatically sent to the RMS by the inspection station

- A renewed greenslip. Greenslips are also automatically sent electronically to the RMS by your greenslip insurer

- A valid credit card or the ability to pay using BPAY

To renew your vehicle registration, visit the SERVICE NSW website here.